7961: More on the Copa Caribe (fwd)

From: Max Blanchet <maxblanchet@worldnet.att.net>

"Only the sun covers the Caribbean better"

Haiti, Cuba draw in Copa Caribe

Port of Spain, Trinidad, CANA - Group B favourites Haiti and Cuba
were held to 1-1 draws but maintained their semi-final course in the Copa
Caribe football competition at the Dr Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence
on Friday night.

Leaders Haiti failed to beat Suriname, and St Kitts and Nevis earned a point
from the Cubans ahead of the group deciding games on Sunday. In the
opening game of the double header, Haiti went ahead in the third minute
through Golman Pierre, improving his final round tally to five goals.

He netted four times against St Kitts and Nevis Wednesday night.

N.B. This dispatch is not very clear. I read it to mean that Haiti tied
Surinam and Cuba tied Cuba. Both Cuba and Haiti have 4 points each
after two games while Surinam and St Kitts have 1 each.  I guess the
final rounds in Group B will be played on Sunday between Haiti and
Cuba, and between Surinam and St Kitts. MBlanchet