8019: Re: Legend of the Coffee Bean (fwd)

From: "Carrol F. Coates" <ccoates@mail.binghamton.edu>
To: "John E. Culp" <jculp@hiwaay.net>, corbetre@webster.edu

>Hi Carol:   I did 3 brief tours of duty for USAID in the mid 1970's and
>worked with the coffee associations to help improve food production in
>Haiti.  While there I read the "Legend of the Coffee Bean"--a very short
>story or poem about how the juice of the coffee bean sustained the Haitians
>as they fled their French plantation owners.  It is a riveting, dramatic,
>and feeling story or poem.  I have a friend who is about to go to Haiti to
>do missionary work.  I would love to share that poem with her.   Do you
>have it and if so can you e-mail it to me?  thanks. John

Sorry, but I do not know this work and have never done anything special on
coffee (although I have done book research on Haitian plants).  Have you
sent your query to Bob Corbett, where you have a wider net of people with
all sorts of knowledge?  I am going to forward this message to Bob.
,.....Bob, would you want to put this out if you have not already received
the query?  Thanks, Carrol