8192: Re: 8183: AIDS and the Bashing of Haiti (fwd)

From: haiti@ixks.com

>From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>
>
>Twenty years ago, our name was first surface as the
>people who had brought AIDS into the world.  Should
>the Haitian be compensated?

Interesting idea.  I agree that Haiti has been slandered, but what I wonder
is how this compensation could be carried out.  Is it true that many dollars
of foreign aid end up in the pockets of  Haitian politicians and never
actually get to the people for which it is designated?  And if so, how would
you suggest getting around that?

C. Henrius