8378: Information wanted - Bois Caiman (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

Hey Corbetteers!  I and a few of my initiates will be going up to Bois Caiman
for the annual festivities in August.  I have to admit that I have never been
there before and could use some logistical advice.

Can anyone tell me which towns are nearest (I am told Milot but I can't
confirm this from the map I have), if there are any guest houses, what are
the public transportation routes are which serve this destination or nearby
destinations?  Any other information you think is pertinent?

Also, if any *experienced* people want to come along, contact me, but you
can't be a first time visitor to Haiti, you have got to speak Creole, you
must realize that if it's anything like Saut d'Eau you will probably end up
sleeping on the ground and bathing in the local spring and eating whatever is
available.

We are planning to videotape, photograph, audiotape oral histories, do
everything we can do to document this event, it's a working trip although of
course we will have fun too, we hope!

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian Proverb