8475: Haiti sides with bigots at the UN? (fwd)

From: Tttnhm@aol.com

>From what I can understand from a Reuters wire today (see below), Haiti sided
with a block of anti-gay states at the UN General Assembly session on AIDS. I
believe that Mrs Aristide is attending the session and is representing Haiti
- I wonder if anyone can ask for details and/or answer for the official
Haitian government position on this one.

<<Islamic states sought unsuccessfully on Monday to block a U.S.-based gay
rights group from participating in a panel, delaying for hours a major U.N.
General Assembly session on AIDS....

At issue was a list of groups that could take part in U.N.-organized panels,
along with government ministers, businessmen, scientists and health experts.
Holkeri had included Karyn Kaplan of the San Francisco-based International
Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Group at a round table discussions scheduled for
Tuesday.....

The Islamic nations were backed a group of nonaligned nations and others,
including Cuba, China, Russia and Belarus as well as Nigeria, Tanzania,
Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Congo, Kenya, Mali, Senegal, Haiti and El Salvador.>>