8549: No Vodou reps in the CEP (fwd)

From: Lois E Wilcken <makandal-ny@juno.com>

I'm wondering if anyone else on the list is struck by the lack of
inclusion of Vodou in the proposed CEP.  The Catholic and Episcopal
churches, and the "Reformed Churches" (fundamentalist?) are included.
Having been brought up on the principle of church-state separation, I
have reservations about the inclusion of any religious group, and I doubt
that being inluded in the CEP would do anything for Vodou, anyway.  But I
just wonder why the omission.  I'd have a hard time believing it was an
oversight.  Just the same old discrimination?

Lois Wilcken
La Troupe Makandal - New York City's #1 Haitian Roots Ensemble
621 Rutland Road, Brooklyn NY 11203
718-953-6638 / makandal-ny@juno.com
www.makandal.org