8680: Flights from Haiti All Booked? (fwd)

From: Nlbo@aol.com

To Joel,
I don't think there is any evacuation under way. Haiti's flights are usually
booked during the summer, Easter, and Christmas seasons. Once I tried to book
in July for Christmas, and was told there was no seat. One almost has to
reserve their seats six months to a year in advance for these peak periods.
Couple summers ago, though I had a  reservation and reserved seat, had
checked in, I was sent back right at the gate about to get into the plane,
because of over booking. They did not even offer me a ticket, only a hotel
and a taxi fare which I did not take.
Okay,
Nekita