8851: Culture camp for adopted Haitians-Bushey (fwd)

From: LauriB <LAURIB@maf.org>

     I want to make the list aware of a wonderful weekend camp each July
     for families with children adopted from Haiti.
     My son and I have attended the camp the last 3 years and have enjoyed
     the informative sessions, informal play times and of course meeting
     new friends and seeing old ones. It's fun to watch these kids growing
     older and at the same time encouraging them to keep some of their
     Haitian heritage in front of them.
     Last week this message Subject: 8843: Adoptive parents need advice
     from Elizabeth asked how she can expose her adopted kids to positive
     things about their birth country. Attending camps like this is one
     suggestion I have.
     Next summer the camp will be held July 19-21 in Alexandria Minnesota.
     (that's 1 1/2 hours west of Minneapolis/StPaul).
     Their web site for more info is:
     HaitiInOurHearts.com

     Lauri Bushey, PAP