9006: Fanmi Lavalas note to the press (fwd)

From: MKarshan@aol.com

Note to the Press from Fanmi Lavalas
September 3, 2001
Port-au-Prince

Fanmi Lavalas knows that certain local and foreign groups are working together to make more misery and suffering throughout the majority of the Haitian people because we are Lavalas, because we are confident in President Aristide.

In the face of this desperate provocation they are acting as if they have political power, which the people did not give them in the elections.  In the face of this anti-change mentality of some small groups who monopolize business in Haiti, Fanmi Lavalas will continue to mobilize in peace to resist against the escalating economic violence, and with the instruments of peace, determination, patience, perseverance we will continue to fight until the wall of apartheid, which keeps the majority of the Haitian people from their full participation in their nation, no longer exists.

We prefer to lose with the People
Rather than to win without the People
But with the People we cannot lose