9089: ATTN: ALL HAITIAN POLITICS GURUS (fwd)

From: Dotie Joseph <dotiej@hotmail.com>

Dear Fellow Corbetteers,

I am writing to request your assistance. I have been tracking the
negotiations between Lavalas and the opposition parties--namely Convergence
Democractric--that have been mediated by the OAS and Caricom. I am currently
trying to compile a chronology of the crisis (economic aid that has been
frozen, and consequences) and the negotiations that showed the steps of the
negotiation and the changing positions of the actors:

Convergence
Lavalas
Aristide
CLED
Civil Society Initiative

I am trying to describe each phase of the negotiation and any offers made by
any of the sides (Like Aristide's proposal to the OAS last March to hold
early elections for the legislature), any agreements, and reactions from the
others (the continued demands, etc). If anyone on the list (or off the list
if you know someone who mya be helpful) is familiar with this topic/have
special knowledge, and would be willing to help me, please contact me
directly using this email address. Thanks in advance for any assistance you
may be able to offer.

Mesi Anpil,
Dotie