9088: Help for a first-time Haiti visitor (fwd)

From: Maude Adjarian <adjarian@U.Arizona.EDU>

PLEASE WRITE MAUDE DIRECTLY.

 Hello, fellow Corbetteers --

	Next August, I will be going to P-a-P to interview a writer for a
book I am putting together. I will be there approximately 8 days.

	I have never been to Haiti before and could use some traveler's
advice (regarding what/what not to bring, how much I can expect to
spend on food and modest lodgings, etc.) from those of you who have.  I
will be visiting the island alone and would be especially grateful if you
had input on that particular issue.

	Many thanks!
	Maude Adjarian