9173: Re: 9155: Re: 9145: Poincy replies to Dorce (fwd)

From: "[iso-8859-1] Jean Poincy" <caineve@yahoo.fr>

The "character" I am talking of in my posts is a
learned attribute to form one's political persona. It
must be taught and is present in specific forms which
I previously outlined. My meaning of Ayitian absence
of character does not exclude the elites that you are
referring to. It is a collective attribute reflected
on almost every Ayitian in any collective setting.

I can walk on the street and pick any individual and
based on his good deeds, taken individually, of course
I will say this is an individual with good character.
However, if placed in a collective context, it will be
hard to detect any trait of his/her good individual
character. Just take a look at the way they treat and
maintain their environment and deal with each other
when something is at stake. When they are angry, you
can forget if you have a good neighbor.

There is nothing wrong if they have lack of such since
it was not innate, but there is a lot wrong if such is
not taught or they make no effort to learn it. I am
not on an Ayitian bashing trip, I am asking to see
things as they are.

I don't believe in the fact that "desperate times make
men do desperate things" as you put it. Rather, a
people with character or any individual with character
for that matter, don't do desperate things to the
point of self-destruction because of desperate times.
When character is there self-preservation prevails and
one just does not clinch on the rope of survival.

Ayiti has lived, lives and will live
Mozeb