9386: Edwidge Danticat's work

From: Matt Ray <mray@novell.com>

I agree that Krik Krak is a wonderfully written book.  I love Edwidge
Danticat's
style of writing and storytelling.     Of course, this is as much Haitian
literature as it is a book about Haiti.    Perhaps because of it's
storytelling
nature, it was excluded from the list for top books about Haiti.   It
gives
incredible insight into the situations in Haiti, it doesn't really tell a
beginnner or someone interested all about Haiti as most of the books from
the list
of 15 do.    Wonderful stories, but I don't think I'd consider it "THE ONE
BOOK."

Matt