9439: The Container (fwd)

From: Stuart M Leiderman <leidermn@cisunix.unh.edu>

Group:

further to my post today, this excerpt goes further.  I'd say a mediator
is needed to open the subject with the government and help get things
back to ethical behavior.  names?

thank you,

Stuart Leiderman

- - - - - - -

"<snip>  I just spoke with several...friends of mine here and they ALL
have containers sitting at the customs lot...some for longer than I! One
man, _____, said that the Ministry of Finance is trying to clamp down on
containers coming in and the receivers selling items. There are a lot of
corrupt goings on here, you know. Some...even had a few cars come in and
sold them! That in addition to the fact that he says the US Gov't is not
wishing to do anything which would support Aristide and the Lavalas
movemment, so they [?] make the reception of containers difficult for
all but their [?] approved friends. That could be correct, for all I
know. I thought I had it all arranged, but now I am embarrassed. <snip>"