9646: Re: 9641: Mason comments on Antoine's response to Harper (fwd)

From: MIT2Haiti@aol.com

Guy Antoine said:

<< My questions were not meant to be considered as an editorial, rather they
were posed as food for thought to elicit a good discussion of this complex
issue of foreign aid. >>

I would add:

Why is it that -- whenever a Haitian asks valid questions regarding the
equilibrium which supposedly exists between lending nations and debtor
nations -- he gets forced into a corner to define what no assembly of experts
has been able to define over all these centuries, just to keep the
conversation alive?

As if he alone -- by daring to ask such questions -- is the
originator/perpetrator of this game.

Guy Antoine is not advocating that Haiti -- with its hand held out in begging
position -- continues this game.

He merely is attempting to name this game; for indeed it is a game, with
deadly and long-term consequences.

Guy states:

<< We MUST walk away from our regular sources of poisoning. >>

I would add:

Would that most of Haiti's natural resources had not already been mortgaged!
Would that most of Haiti's natural resources still left in the ground were
not already the object of "international lusting"! Would that ordinary
Haitians had a say at the bargaining table when foreign aid deals are hatched!

After all, they get left with the pricetag!

Marilyn Mason
President & COO

Mason Integrated Technologies Ltd (MIT2)
P.O. Box 181015
Boston, Massachusetts 02118 USA
Tel: (+1) 617-247-8885
Fax: (+1) 617-262-8923
MIT2USA@aol.com

MIT2 Home Page (English version):
http://hometown.aol.com/mit2usa/Index2.html

Page d'accueil de MIT2 (version française):
http://hometown.aol.com/mit2usa/Index2-fr.html

Paj akèy MIT2 (vèsyon kreyòl ayisyen):
http://hometown.aol.com/mit2usa/Index2-kr.html