9732: Re: 9729: 2 observations on corruption (fwd)

From: Jacaranda40@cs.com

Mr Lance Durban,corrution and incompetence if not two brothers are closely
related.If you put rules to regulate the functionning in the public
administration without competent people to execute them,they will remain dead
letter and we are about Haiti.At the same time,the employees generally any
body  in Haiti may be in the world (I am not sure)dont like to follow
princples above all if they are new and established by newcomers.Do you
remember the concept "Just come".At the end of the JC Duvalier
administration(1983-1984),the international community made an effort to
introduce in  the Public administration some experience and academically
prepared people,most of them were fired (uprooted)by the employees who were
fed up with so many measures of control right after 1986.More over  the
concept of corruption  has roots and is intertwined with the system.Picture a
general director fired by a new government,any of those governments eager to
bring his own men at the top of the res publica.What to say
about a minister,an ambassador and the like... There is certainly a solution
to resolve the matter.To the next