9732: Re: 9731: Durban Suggests Aid Project for USAID Consideration

From: NLaleau@aol.com

Dear Lance--That is a very constructive suggestion, and a very
surprisingly
low price for a piece of equipment that could make a huge difference in
people's lives and in the environmental degradation presently occurring.
I've
used two- and three-burner stoves like the one you describe--very
effective
and easy to use--and the Ecuadorian family I was close to was happy to use
it
when I left--had no trouble with it at all. Introducing this technology
via a
one-burner stove, universally available at low cost, is a great idea. Has
this been done elsewhere, to your knowledge? If the purchase were made by
any
government or major NGO with a large budget, I suspect that finding
distributors would not be too difficult--NGOs, church groups, etc.
--nancylaleau