9961: Can anyone help this person on emigration statistics?

From: Francoise Charras <Francoise.Charras@univ-montp3.fr>

Dear Mr Corbett

I was given your email address by a friend, Katherine Coit, who told me you
might be able to help me.
I am looking for statistics on Haitian emigration to the US and eventually
also in the Caribbean starting from 1990 to now, as well as eventual US
legislation concerning Haitian "boat-people" for that period.
 I would be very  thankful to you if you could give me some information or
hints on sites where I could get precise figures. I have tried to find the
US INS on the web, but failed. From Montpellier it is in fact rather
difficult to have otherwise access to any information on these questions.
Yours Sincerely
Françoise Charras
Francoise Charras, Universite Paul Valery, Montpellier 3, BP 5043,
34199 Montpellier Cedex 5. France.
Home address: 18 rue Francis Garnier, 34090 Montpellier. France.

email: Francoise.Charras@univ-montp3.fr