9961: Re: 9961: 27 gourdes per dollar (fwd)

From: MKarshan@aol.com

Wow! Many thanks for that comprehensive overview of the internet and cell phone situation and for telling it like it is about why there are so many cyber cafes!  I must say though that there are some cybercafes in Port-au-Prince that are packed with Internet users and then on the other hand I have visited places that were surprised when I said I wanted to use internet (as opposed to making a call).

Teleco has just introduced a mini cell phone that works up to certain ranges while they are installing equipment in more ranges so that it will expand throughout the country.  I think it is actually available this week.