a430: Re: a295: God and colour in Haiti: Serge answers toChamberlain (fwd)

From: haiticon <haiticon@compusnet.com>

I happen to agree with mambo racine that Christianity in Haiti is linked
to forcing people into believing that God is white. To say that,  I take
into account the fact that missionaries always give potential followers
little brochures featuring a blonde God, a blonde Jesus and everybody
blonde around him, and white today's followers. And they let you know
that when Jesus's blood washes out your sins and purifies your your
heart, it becomes white as snow. No wonder some people in black Haiti,
consciously or not, don't feel related to those literatures and the God
they are picturing.