15514: Raber: Re: 15501: Arthur replies to 15477: Raber (fwd)

From: P&M Raber <raber@valkyrie.net>

Everyone living in Haiti in th e1990's  knows that Disney clothing was on
sale on all the streets of Haiti.  Actually, several hundred "little
marchandes" made a living out of selling Disney clothing on the streets.
Those were mostly the "oultet" type stuff with small defects.  I still have
a couple of children's nightgown bought on the streets of Haiti.  People in
Haiti were not doing any boycotting. I witnessed the protesting by following
American news regarding the Disney controversy since I knew some of the
factories were in Haiti.  The protesters had good intentions but the end
result was factory workers and the hundreds of ambulatory outlet stores
losing their source of income rather than getting better wages.