21722: JHudicourt: Re: 21718: Arthur - Balls in buttocks? (fwd)

From: JHUDICOURTB@aol.com

<< Also, what is the meaning and/or significance of 'Grenn nan bouda'? Balls
in
buttocks??? >>

"Mete grenn nan bounda ou" usually means be courageous, or gather your
courage, or show some balls.  It was the motto of the student movement of the 03-04
campaign to get rid of the Aristide government.  The students meant that they
understood that there might be casualties but that the situation required
courage to continue.  Among the slogans sang at the many demonstrations down
Delmas or Bourdon or Canape Vert during December, January, and February they sang:
Grenn nan bouda, grenn nan bouda oo oo oo, Tout moun se HM.  tout moun se
HM....  as they practically jogged downhill.
I think the HM refers to the feeling of belt-tighening....    I think that it
currently refers to continued dissatisfaction of the university students with
the inaction of the Alexandre/Latortue government.