25814: Ccha100975: (comments) Fwd: Re: 25787: about Jacques Roche (fwd)

From: ccha100975@aol.com

I arrived in Port-au-Prince yesterday. A friend and a member of Enfofanm [a
haitian woman organization] came to pick me up at the airport and took me to
FOKAL where an homenage to Jacques Roche was taken place. There I found people
that I knew from more than 30 years. People that were at the forefront of the
struggles against the Duvalier regime in the 1970s. People who were and are
part of the Historical progressive forces in Haiti. There a wide spectrum of
people from George Castera, to Rony and William Smarth [the cousins of Jacques
Roche because Roche's father and the Smarth's mother are siblings], there were
people like Jean Claude Bajeux and the representants of PADPA; there was people
like Erol Jean-Francois and another myriad of people commemorating and talking
about Jacques' life, his simplicity and his commitment to the people. The event
ended with a magnifique performance of RAM. Thus that people who do not know
haiti or the history of people struggles in haiti only portrayed jacques as a
representant of 184 is really a disgrace. kenbe from Haiti. carolle charles