29022: kathleen (query) black sand beaches in Haiti (fwd)

From: Kathleen <kathleenmb@adelphia.net>

At a concert Saturday night, I learned from a woman in her late 80s, who had
visited Haiti in its 80s, that Haiti had black sand beaches, and the  one
she visited was "not too far from the palace."  I googled that subject upon
my return, and learned that there is one "outside of Jacmel" and another(?)
at Grande Riviere.
Has anyone on the list visited one or more of these beaches?  How are they
and where are they in addition to these?
I can't imagine how, with all my contacts in and with Haiti, I had to learn
this in Gloucester from a woman  from New Hampshire!!!!   Kathleen