#2175: Taking Larium for Haiti: Pilling comments

From: Sara Pilling <spilling@erols.com>

Thanks for your comment Leah on Larium. I took it - my doc here in the
states demanded that I choose it over Aralan or Chloroquin - was that
ever a mistake.

I became so depressed - in Haiti - that I had to come home - and I'd
only taken the first pill! I understand that it is still recommended.
And I haven't a clue why.

So, I'm going to stick my neck out - to any and all travelers, if you
receive a recommendation to take Larium - don't. It causes all kinds of
scary things neurologically - from anxiety to nightmares to psychotic
breaks. One teen was removed from Haiti in a straightjacket - he was
that strung out!

Sara Pilling
Scholarship soley
www.scholarshipsoley.org