#2208: response to U.S. plot theory: Sinai replies to Driver

From:TOUTONTOU@aol.com

There is no question in my mind that Aristide did work with the popular
movement in Haiti after Jean Claude Duvalier, family members and close
criminal associates were taken to a nice vacation by U.S. airplains and
heavily escorted by armed u.s. secret service (paid by the american tax
payer).

But the day Aristide became a candidate for the presidency he technically
stoped working with the popular movement. Once he surrounded himself with
opportunists and populists like himself (who later became the "Gran Manje"
(i.e. FNCD, MOP, the cabinet ministers, the senators and deputies, etc...)
and other Bourgeois elements and sectors... that no longer was a popular
movement.

it became a populist movement, in fact. Every action paused by Aristide and
his opportunist "Woulibe" were and are still clearly not in the interest of a
popular movement.

The Makout army of Haiti, and the ruling elite, supported by Washington were
loosing control over the Haitian masses.  (both Bush and Clinton
Administrations -- looking to protect "U.S. interest -- and the interest of
the rulling elite -- business, but, nothing to do with Haiti's interest).
The U.S. after 3 years decided to invade Haiti. And this was after a lot of
"Dilatwa" and after they had made sure the situation was favorable to them or
"under controlby financing and assisting the army and FHRAP, to vertually
destroy the haitian resistance movement (through torture, disapearences and
executions of thousands pople.

I must say, because of Aristide's popularity at that time and because of the
solidarity of the Haitian people and their friends, the U.S. had to find a
way to come up with some sorte of a "solution" to save their friends, the
army and the ruling elite as well as their interest and to continue the
domination of Haiti. Thus the invasion and occupation of Haiti. this also had
a lot to do with the refugee crisis, which was a major domestic policy issue
that Clinton had to deal with.

Therefore, the U.S. did not intervene to give powere to the popular movement.
Even Aristide had practically no power from the time he returned until Preval
became president (both became pupets of the U.S.) of course they both greatly
benefited from this situation, this factor can not be ignored.

The Popular Movement? I don't think so. In fact, I believe the popular
movement have lost tremendously!

Although, Aristide and the Lavalas movement continue to claim to represent
the popular movemt, the is a big question mark about tha.

In other words the U.S. invasion and Occupation of Haiti had Nothing To Do
with giving power to popular organizations.

It is to be going up to those who remain true to the Revolutionary
Aspiration of the Haitian Masses, to rebuild the Mass movement and help build
a Revolutionary Party. Then and Only Then can the popular movement and the
Haitian People affirm themselves and ultimatly Take Power for good.

what's you opinion?  I would like to know.

Kenbe La !!