#3707: The language discussion: Is there are REAL difference or just a mi... Dorce comments

From:LAKAT47@aol.com

It seems to me that with a language that is in it's developmental stages as
Haitian Creole is at this time, there is a definate need for standardization
which is the position supported by the linguists (I am assuming).  That is
when a spoken language is upgraded to include the written recording of words
and grammar, there has to be a right and wrong way to spell and say a word.
Then once this is known, there is always the fluidity of regional accents and
slang that makes the language alive and growing.  All the linguists are
asking is for a window of rigidity so that the standardization can take roots
then the flexibility (to a point) can be slowly added.  All, of course,
submitted from a lay person's perspective...;)

Kathy~